miércoles, 3 de octubre de 2018

LEVEL 4 >> POST 1 (Week 3) >> A COUNTRY I'D LIKE TO VISIT

Hello students, this is the first blog session of this last semester. This time you are going to write about a topic related to countries, and you have to add the following information:


- Which country would you like to go to? Why?
- What do you know about it?
- What would you like to do there?
- Would you like to study/work/live there? Explain.
- Upload pictures



Also, don't forget to make comments on 3 of your classmates' posts + a comment on my post.

Word Count: 160 words 



                Hello everybody!! This time I'm going to write about a country I'd like to visit. One of the countries that I'd really like to go in the future is ScotlandI believe it's because I've always felt a certain connection with its culture and history. I really enjoy reading and knowing everything about Scottish history, and I truly admire the way they have built this country keeping all their ancient customs.

Resultado de imagen para scotland                 Resultado de imagen para scotland

       If I go there some day, one of the first things I will do is to visit all the castles near the Highlands, which you only have the chance to see by watching movies or pictures, because I think they are amazing old buildings that are still there despite the ages. As a second thing, I would do while visiting this amazing country, it's to taste their traditional food called "haggis".

           And finally, I'd walk through the streets while listening to its traditional music coming from the "bagpipes" and trying to understand the Scottish weird accent.

Resultado de imagen para scotland


   I'd really like the idea of going there as a teacher of English and work at their schools or Universities, but I think it's quite difficult to do it, since its mother tongue is English or maybe as a Spanish teacher. That's why I think that for the moment I'd go there just for travelling around the different cities and towns. I hope this dream comes true some day in the future.



This is the traditional food in Scotland, it is called "Haggis". This traditional food is a savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, traditionally encased in the animal's stomach.. It doesn't sound so yummy, but I'd like to give it a try....

25 comentarios:

  1. The scots are so cool, they reserve our respect because they maintain their culture and an important distance with England.
    Scotland have talented writers too.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I like Scotland because for its history, but also because for its beautiful landscapes.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Scotland really seems like a beautiful and interesting country, I think scottish people accent is really cool! I dont really get the interest in Haggis, but it's certainly showy!

    ResponderBorrar
  4. The scotch music is very nice and its landscape is so beautiful and magic.
    And, definitely, I would like to taste a haggis.

    ResponderBorrar
  5. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar
  6. I think that Scotland is an amazing destination. Although I couldn't to eat "haggis"... how curious data its national animal be a unicorn... Kattya Lopez

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. scotland is a beautiful country !!! i love the celtic traditions !!!

      Borrar
  7. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar

  8. If I have to visit a country for pleasure, I think I'd also choose Scotland, or maybe Russia, I do not know. But I know that I'd not try the Haggis

    ResponderBorrar
  9. Excellent Scottish country, although I would not like to eat that animal stomach hahahaha.

    and as William Wallace said. The strength of a warrior depends on the size of his heart.

    ResponderBorrar
  10. Haggis it's like prietas here in Chile, really doesn't look nice. But i agree with giving a chance

    ResponderBorrar
  11. I really like this kind of landscape and the cold climate, so I would like visit Scotland some day and taste a haggis although it doesn't see it delicious.

    ResponderBorrar
  12. cant stop thinking that haggis name its so similar to the brand of baby diapers jeje.
    Anyway I believe its good experience to get into a culture by eating their traditional food (even if the thing is kind of weird).
    regards and I wish could do it!...

    ResponderBorrar
  13. Hi! the landscapes looks awesome, the food don't xd (I'm also vegetarian) Jajaja anyway, it is soo cold there, do you like that weather?

    ResponderBorrar

  14. I think that trying new flavors is essential during travel, although it is not always the best. Sorry for the delay of the comment on the blog

    ResponderBorrar
  15. Scotland is a very cold country so I think your food is greasy

    ResponderBorrar
  16. I don't feel like eating haggis ajajja They remind me of diapers jaja

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. That are too captivating, I guess Scotland would be a nice torist destination now, good luck.

      Borrar
  17. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar
  18. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar
  19. Interesting, teacher! By the way, I'm Leonardo Arce.
    Returning to your post, I have a similar idea, but not with Scottland, but with Russia. I want to know about their music, their culture and their language. Years before, when i was studying philosophie at University Of Chile i took the course of Russian language, and it's so cool. It's so different. And in that resides my interest: knowing about difference. I think your interest is similar.
    See you on class!

    ResponderBorrar
  20. Is very interesting that you think go to Scotland for give class in the university or think prove that strange food

    ResponderBorrar