miércoles, 14 de noviembre de 2018

LEVEL 4 - POST 6 - POSTGRADUATE STUDIES (WEEK 8)

Dear Students,

Today, you need to write about a postgraduate course that you would consider taking in the future.

Include:

- Reasons to do the course
- Subject(s) you would like to study
- Where you would like to study (Chile or abroad)
- How you would like to study (distance learning, blended system, part-time course, etc)
- Any other relevant ideas

- Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher's post.


- Word Count: 220 words


Hello dear students,
Resultado de imagen para post-graduate studiesToday's blog is about something quite similar to the last session, but this time you will have to focused on your "post graduate studies". What are these post-graduate studies? Well, in short, they are a complement for your undergraduate studies, and in some cases they are more important than your previous studies. Here you can study more in depth what you like the most and what you want to put more emphasis in the future (in your job)

As you may know, I already have a post-graduate study, I got my Master's degree last year and one of the main reasons for doing it, guess what?, was to get more money! No kidding, it was just that I needed to do it for personal growth and also, because I wanted to learn more about that subject. My master was about Methodology in English, but the entire name of it was "Magister en la Enseñanza del Inglés como Lengua Extranjera", it's quite a long name, but it sounds really nice when I tell people that I've studied that.

Actually, I learned quite a lot during these studies and if I'm really critic with my undergraduate University, I have to say that I learned more in my Master than I learned during my 5 years of Pedagogy. I know it sounds weird, but it's true! Sometimes, long careers are just a waste of time, and Universities force you to take subjects that nobody cares about, but that's another topic!

Now, I'm really thinking about going abroad to study and start doing another Master! (Yes, I like studying... :) ) As I said in the previous blog, I'm thinking of going to England or Sweden to study a Master in Linguistics which is one of my dreams. Here in Chile, you can find the same Master in Universities like USACH or P.U.C, but it's not the same, so that's why I'd like to go there and study a full-time course for a complete year. I think the main reason to do this Master is that it will allow me to teach whatever I want at whatever University I want, because they teach you different and more advanced things like Grammar and Phonetic things (I actually studied these topics at university, but every year, somebody came up with new things)

Well, I know what you might be thinking, Oh! You're going abroad to study, you must be crazy!! Actually, it's true, I might be crazy, but crazy people do crazy things to be happy, and I strongly believe that this is the NEXT STEP in my career as a teacher!! And apart from that, it's ENGLAND! What else can I ask for!!!

So, if you're thinking about studying something else, take a look at some scholarships and you'll see that it's not difficult to get one!!!!

Please, tell me if you're considering taking a post-graduate in your area of expertise either here in Chile or in another country...

Imagen relacionada


12 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hello teacher, more than once I heard that in magister or another type of higher education you learn much more than in the university, then, I am thinking seriously about continuing studying

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I have no thought much in to have a magister, but I wouldn't bother in study more and maybe in other country.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Hi teacher! I think it would be a great opportunity if you can learn english in England because is in this place where the language appear

    ResponderBorrar
  5. It's great! Open yourself for new experiences is always good

    ResponderBorrar
  6. I think that the careers in Chile are so long and a really waste of time. It's always best study a magister

    ResponderBorrar
  7. you are really excited for the future, thats nice

    ResponderBorrar
  8. Hello Professor. Definitely you should go to England if you have the possibility to do so, especially if you can get a scholarship

    ResponderBorrar
  9. cool teacher, the best thing is to study and travel. double learning

    ResponderBorrar
  10. For the moment I think about finishing everything here in chile.

    It see very good that group of specializations that you have.
    Its so complete.

    ResponderBorrar
  11. Professor, your message if it is motivating, the best thing we can do is study abroad, and earn more money! hahaha

    ResponderBorrar
  12. I agree when you say that university careers are very extensive

    ResponderBorrar