miércoles, 7 de noviembre de 2018

LEVEL 4 >> POST 5: My Future Job (week 7)


Hello students,

Here you have the blog session of today's class. These are the questions you need to answer. 

> At university, what major have you taken / are you thinking of taking? Explain why.

> What kind of job would you like to have? Describe.

> What aspects would you consider when choosing your job?

> If you were asked in a job interview about your strengths and weaknesses, what would you say?


> Words: 210

> Leave comments on 3 of your partners posts.


USEFUL WORDS AND PHRASES: (by Juan Luzzi)

-I’ve taken… / I’m doing a major in… / I’m thinking of taking… / I’m considering to study…/ I’m planning to do… / I have in mind to… / I’ve decided to… / I’m hoping to… / I’m playing with idea of… __ing / I’d love to…/ I can’t choose between ….. or …../ I’m torn between ….. and ..… / It looks like I’m going to… / As long as we can get ……………, I'll be studying… / I’m not 100% sure, but I might …/ It's a toss-up between ……… and ………..

-I’d like to get a job as…/ I’d like to work as …/ I hope to get a job in… /I wouldn’t like to…/

- Some aspects could be: Salary - Benefits - Location – Hours - Co-workers - work atmosphere/environment.

- I’m good at … ___ing / I’m good with… (money, numbers,etc)/ I’m terrible at…./ I become nervous about ___ing / I am very confident in… __ing / I can… / I can’t… /

MY FUTURE JOB


         Hello there, in today's blog session I'll be telling you more about my future job. As you may know, I studied English pedagogy at Universidad Católica Silva Henríquez for 5 years. Since then, I've taken several courses to improve my English skills. I've just completed my Master's degree in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). The main reason for doing this, despite the salary or the benefits, is that I love teaching and more importantly I love English as a whole.

         I'd like to get a job as a teacher of an English programme, maybe in a good environment where people share ideas and experiences, in order to keep learning how to be better teacher every day. I'm not 100% sure about the location andt the amount of hours per week, but I might like to work at my home University.

          I've been interviewed in several occasions and I've answered their questions in the same way every time. I'm good at learning new things, also I'm good with languages but I'm terrible at remembering things, such as names and dates. I can create different and innovating material, but I can't work at home after my schedule.

          Well, now I'm playing with the idea of going abroad to get a PhD in Applied Linguistics and then to work doing research all around the world, but I can't choose between going to Sweden or to England.


Can you help me out with my decision?

15 comentarios:

  1. Heyyy. Been able to study abroad is a really a great opportunity. Have you ever considered settle down in another country?

    ResponderBorrar
  2. You show the desire you have, and I think Sweden is the best place.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. England i think is a very nice place to learn english, i would like to know that country some day... if you can study a PHD do it! it will be so interesting

    ResponderBorrar
  4. I really like how you are excited to continue learning; If you make me choose between Sweden and England I'm same that you, I do not know.

    ResponderBorrar
  5. I think Sweden is better because it's quieter than England

    ResponderBorrar
  6. I think you might have to search what kind of english blow more your mind,luck with your election !

    ResponderBorrar

  7. teacher go to england is the mother of the english language!

    ResponderBorrar
  8. I'm very impressed by everything you have studied to specialize even more in English and thus be able to teach your students

    ResponderBorrar
  9. I think that Sweden is better option than England, because Sweden have more nature and it is quiet (and it looks nicer than England)

    ResponderBorrar
  10. It's a complicated decision, I like more Sweden than England, I find it more interesting and a beautiful, but is your choose, both of the options are great

    ResponderBorrar
  11. Is great that you wanted to be a teacher. Go to England they have the best accent

    ResponderBorrar

  12. England is the country indicated for studies since its culture is very intellectual

    ResponderBorrar
  13. I wish you good luck in your projects, I think it is the best way to learn.

    ResponderBorrar
  14. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar